Ask us how?
Thank you for your interest and support! Here are some ways that you can get involved.
How Your Donations Are Spent
- Education for girls in secondary school and college in Kenya.
- School supplies and/or learning-support materials such as uniforms, books and solar lanterns
- Programs to provide mentorship, sex/health education, and livelihood skills
- You are welcome to specify how you would like your donation to be used.
- Some supporters are providing scholarships for one student. Approximately 200 USD covers the tuition for one high school student at Busijo Secondary School for one year.
All funds are deposited to a dedicated project account and 100% is used for NEF students and activities. We ensure that scholarships are not misused by depositing the funds directly into the school account where the NEF students are enrolled. We obtain receipts from the school's bank and confirm with the school administrators that the students' tuition has been paid. NEF's administrative expenses are currently donated by Jessica and Dennis Nagtalon.
NEF IS A FISCALLY SPONSORED PROJECT OF THE ZAWADISHA FUND, A 501(C)3 NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION. UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF ZAWADISHA, ALL DONATIONS TO NEF ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. ZAWADISHA'S TAX ID NUMBER IS 46-0583426.